What To Expect When You Visit
Attending a church for the first time is like a first time visit to any organization. There will always be the uncertainty of the unknown. Questions such as "Where do I sit? What do I do? Where are the restrooms? What do I wear? Should I go to Bible class or not? Will anyone speak to me?"
Please be assured that when you visit the Skyview congregation it will not be a scary situation. You will be greeted by people standing near the entrance who will give you a visitor's packet containing the week's bulletin, a visitor's card and information about the congregation. They will also be able to answer any question you may have about the church or your visit.
We believe you will feel comfortable in our midst. We are all just sinners saved by God's grace through Jesus Christ trying to live a good life in Him.
If you attend a worship service on Sunday morning you will find that we engage in several forms of worship as we worship God in spirit and in truth (John 4:24). You will be invited to join us in praise in these ways we worship God:
- SINGING -- Our singing is a capella (Meaning without instruments). A song leader will announce and lead songs that will appear in a PowerPoint presentation on a large screen. We blend our voices in a spirited way as we worship and praise God
- PRAYING -- Several public prayers will be led during a typical service. These prayers are led by the men in the congregation and are from their hearts.
- COMMUNION -- We partake of the bread and fruit of the vine every first day of the week, as per Acts 20:7. In this memorial feast we remember the Lord's death, burial and resurrection. This is an open communion and everyone is invited to partake.
- SCRIPTURE READING -- Before the sermon a passage is read by one of the men which will be the text for the lesson to follow.
- PREACHING/TEACHING -- The lesson which typically lasts less than thirty minutes reflects on God's Word in helping to learn how to apply His Word to our lives. Often scriptures are read aloud by the congregation during the sermon. The sermons from the pulpit are also presented on the large screen in PowerPoint form.
- BIBLE CLASSES -- Following the sermon, Bible classes are conducted for all ages. In these classes the Word of God is presented in an informal way and everyone has the oppotunity to publicly comment or ask questions.
We encourage you to pay us a visit. You will not be disappointed.